I saw this on one of the comments from the Capital Confidential blog today.
Here’s an interesting bit of information on Patterson’s staff. Read, and then ask, “why is the state in such a horrible situation?”
The list of increases include:
- Paterson’s secretary, William Cunningham, received a 5% increase in salary when he was “promoted” from acting secretary to secretary, bumping his salary from $170,000 to $178,500.
- Cunningham’s deputy, Charlotte Hitchcock, was promoted from deputy secretary to chief of staff and was given an 11.25% increase bumping her salary from $160,000 to $178,000.
- Assistant counsel, Gaurav Vasisht, received a 6% pay hike, to $130,279.
- Cassie Prugh, a confidential assistant, received a whopping 46% pay hike, bumping her salary from $85,721 to $125,000.
- Press aide Erin Duggen received a 5% pay hike to $105,786.
- Special office assistant, Brendan Fitzgerald, received a 21% raise, to $90,000.
- Another confidential assistant, Michael Deloach, got a pay hike of 29%, to $80,000.
- Another press aide, Morgan Hook received an almost 13% pay hike to $79,568.
- A legal assistant, Ryan Dalton received a 17% increase to $52,000.
- Confidential secretary Lauren Passalacqua was rewarded with an almost 32% pay raise to $50,000.
- Another confidential aide, Chardee Mendoza, got 28%, to $45,000
- Confidential stenographer Erin Donohue received 10% to $43,000.
The increases handed out by Paterson amount to $250,000 per year, a mere drop in the State of New York’s $121 billion annual budget, but surely one must see the hypocrisy of Paterson’s recent actions. After asking state employees to forgo a negotiated 3% pay increase he hands out raises to his inner staff ranging from 5 to 46%?
Will these folks get furloughed as well?