I’m not necessarily blogging like I planned earlier in the year, but I am keeping things in mind as my days pass to consider writing about. I’ve come to a conclusion that I may not be as cynical this year as previously thought. I actually had some very positive thoughts the other day, when putting on a smaller pair of jeans. Optimism is usually something I enjoy, but so is future worrying, which is why I thought being cynical would be a change of pace. I think I’m going to continue to question, complain, be opinionated, yet bring in a sense of something else. So, I pose to myself these topics for consideration:
- Political expectations, as related to the man I voted for & hope he does what he says he will in a reasonable amount of time. (From conversations following the State of the Union 1/27/10).
- Personal fitness/health goals. AKA: The number on the scale does NOT matter, no matter what Jillian Michaels says!
- Learning to say “NO!” and not blaming anyone else when I don’t. (Note: I didn’t say complain/moan & groan about said ‘yes’ hence overcommitment).
- The large mess that is my house and the overwhelming need to unpack, organize and decorate, but the lack of motivation to do so. AKA: Why can’t magic fairies do this for me?
- Why I don’t understand the fascination of __________. (enter appropriate ‘hobby’ here. EG: Ultimate Fighting, Boxing, Motocross, Endurance/Rally Racing, Bonzai Trips to said Rally Races, People with Reproductive Records, Religious Zealots, Conversion of Me to _____.)
Whose head is exploding now? Mine isn’t yet, but let me prepare to write something about the State of the Union, and then someone’s might. Probably NOT mine, because these ideas, as usual, are mine & my own. I have something that everyone has, an opinion, which may not be popular, but it is what it is (that’s a quote from someone important).
So, until the bug bites me…